[Olsr-dev] rifs->int_mtu and /sys/class/net/wlan0/mtu have different values

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 6 16:10:05 CEST 2012

I think so.

Henning

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2012, at 2:26 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
>
>> On 06/05/2012 11:25 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm just in the process of adding the wifi information to the jsoninfo
>>> plugin and I noticed something odd on my wlan0:
>>>
>>> rifs->int_mtu in olsrd is 1472
>>>
>>> /sys/class/net/wlan0/mtu is 1500
>>
>> 1500 bytes (MTU) - 20 bytes (IPv4) - 8 bytes (UDP) = 1472 bytes
>>
>> Its an estimate how large OLSR packets are allowed to grow.
>>
>> Henning Rogge
>
> Ah, ok, so this is ethernet MTU versus OLSR MTU?
>
> .hc

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."