[Olsr-dev] no interfaces detected / 0.6.2 / arch: atheros

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 5 11:40:52 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Ferry Huberts <(spam-protected)> wrote:

>> while the 900 patch, would (in modified form) likely go upstream,..
>>
>> as i remeber several times, we said/thought we should disable this
>> olsrd.conf overwrite (due to the interactive question) completely (i.e.
>> not overwrite existing olsrd.confs),
>> as 99.9% of the time users will enter NO
>>

> Fedora by default lets its rpms create a *.rpmnew file in such case.
> We could do the same:

nice idea!

maybe we shoudl add some additional comments at the beginning of they
config file

i.e. in olsrd.conf.new tell user that actual config will likely be in
olsrd.conf
and in in olsrd.conf tell that there (if heupdated olsrd) is a
olsrd.conf.new, with examples of new configuration options,.

furthermore the olsrd.conf should contain the olsrd-version it was
installed with

> if [[ -e /etc/olsrd.conf ]]; then
>  cp -f olsrd.conf /etc/olsrd.conf.new

else