[Olsr-dev] Poor routing performance

Mitar (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 9 07:23:57 CET 2010

Hi!

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Octav Chipara <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I was expecting to have a direct link to .81, however, it looks
> like for whatever reason according to ping -R my route goes through .81.

I do not understand. Why "direct link to .81" is not the same as "my
route goes through .81"? Or why the first is better than the other?
For next (and first) hop to go through .81 you need a direct link to
.81. That is the same thing. And OLSR finds that (ETX being 1.0) and
uses it.

Maybe you are confused because OLSR adds routes for every node in the
mesh, even peering/neighbors/1-hop nodes?

Route through .81 to node .81 does mean it is a direct link.

Mitar