[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.5.6-R8

Holger Levsen (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 23 17:33:55 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Do you think we shall create a third revision of the tarball ? Or just
> > correct the problem in the next release ?

I'd still prefer this, but I will probably upload with this tarball anyway
as...

> I think I tend to "yes", because else I would need to regenerate a
> dfsg-free (read: without those binaries) tarball to upload to Debian...

... I was wrong here. If I can reasonably assume those binaries come from this
source I can upload the unmodified tarball. Then I will just rm those files
in debian/rules so they dont end up in binary packages by accident _and_ I
will file a serious bug to prevent this version from entering testing/squeeze
(and thus possibly the release, squeeze is still scheduled to freeze this
March, so quite soon. I really want to make sure not to ship this in the next
stable release), but at least 0.5.6-R8 would be in sid.

Still ugly, but IMO better then repacking the tarball and uploading a
different tarball then you publish.

So I'd still prefer a third tarball or a r9 release rather soon ;-)

cheers,
	Holger