[Olsr-dev] GSoC 2010 - Olsrd questions for Freimap

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 5 10:18:20 CEST 2010

On Wed August 4 2010 23:54:55 Pilla Stefano wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I've some questions for my GSoC project and I'm sure that somebody can
> help me,
>
> Question 1)
> I need to read the information of the httpinfo plugin like for example
> routing table, active plugins, etc... In particular I need something
> like a txt file or a xml file so I can parse it and reuse it in my
> application.
> (I already do this with the dotdrawplugin simply opening a socket to the
> 2004 port and parsing the output)
>
> It is possibile to do the same thing with the httpinfo plugin?
I would not use the httpinfo plugin, it's a little bit buggy and the http
output is not designed to be machine readable. Try to use the txtinfo plugin
if you need more than the dotdraw plugin.

> Question 2 - 3 - 4)
>
> I need to read the lat/lon position from nameservice plugin of a
> particular node given by the olsrd topology (dotdraw plugin) so what I
> have to do is:
>
> 1) check if the nameservice plugin is active (with the httpinfo output)
Plugins cannot communicate with each other, so the httpinfo/txtinfo plugin is
not aware of the internal state of the nameservice plugin.

> 2) check the path of the latlon.js file (or if changed, the new name and
> path)
> 3) to do step 2 I need to know the position of the olsr.conf file and
> parse it
> 4) read the content of the file generated by nameservice plugin (I
> already can do this)
Maybe you could add the path/name of the latlon.js file into the configuration
of your program instead of looking in the OLSRd conf for it ?

> For step 2, there is a way to discover the position of the olsr.conf
> file?  If the user change the default value how I can check the new
> position?
No, there is no easy way to do this.

Different distributions (debian, openwrt, native compile) place their
configurations into different paths.

> Do you think that is a good idea (if there is a way to parse httpinfo
> data) to generate a config file from httpinfo plugin and read the data
> that i need or follow the previous steps?
No. The output of the httpinfo plugin is not designed to be machine readable,
so it might change.

Better add a configuration file for your own program.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE