[Olsr-dev] bug in os x solved + new one found

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 15 10:51:18 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> stupid reason:
>
> In newer OS X versions *even* when you marked in the firewall that it
> should allow all OLSR traffic, it will still block incoming broadcast
> packets on 698

really any broadcast?

or just to e.g. 255.255.255.255?
i mean does it also block broadcast to the configured broadcast address of
the interface?

> I was bumping my head against this for some time.
> Only disabling the fw helped.

sound a bit like, while windows tries to look like apple, apple (and ubuntu
also) trie to function like windows,.. *g

> Setup:
> 2 nodes
> involved versions: tip (on mac os X) and 0.5.6-rc7 (on linux)
>
> Leave them running for some time. Then Ctrl-C kill the linux olsrd
>
> after some packets going out from the os x olsrd it will assert with
> the following message:

reminds me a bit on some problems with an 0.5.6 r3 (linux) which crashed 2
times when i just blocked/unblocked olsr traffic on one of its interfaces,
.
i mean i added an iptables rule, and realised a bit later that olsr was
completely gone,..
.
and when i removed the rule again 2 days later, same happened, but as new
tip version dont`seem affected, this is just a old bug, and i didn`t debug
any further,..
.
so this story is just fyi, especially when next olsr release is r4 is (based
on r3 + backported patches)
.
Markus