[Olsr-dev] olsrd etx + plugin

(spam-protected) (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 18 06:55:00 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I have been working pretty hard trying to get an accurate estimation of the
bandwidth of links through the use of a plugin in olsrd. I have successfully
achieved this however I am still a little stuck on how to incorporate this
acquired bandwidth value with the default ETX values calculated by olsrd.

I was able to modify the link state database (i.e. tc_edge etx values) to
include the bandwidth but since olsrd is constantly updating these values
they are reset and eventually my bandwidth value is rendered useless. Any
suggestions on how to go about doing this through my plugin without
modifying the main olsrd code? Or is modifying the main parts of the olsrd
code where etx is calculated by accessing values in my plugin the only way
to go?

Thanks guys,

-Hassan.