[Olsr-dev] events/notifications for route changes?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri May 23 08:47:30 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Ian Rose <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I'm just getting started with OLSR hacking and I'm interested in
> developing a plugin that would receive some kind of notification from
> the OLSR core code whenever a network route is updated (added, deleted,
> changed).  From digging through the code (v0.5.5) I see that there seems
> to be a mechanism by which plugins can register callbacks for when
> network interfaces are added/removed (add_ifchgf and del_ifchgf in
> src/interfaces.h).  But I am unable to find analogous functions to
> registering callbacks for when routes change.  Does such a thing exist?
I don't think so, but it should be easy to implement.

Look into src/process_routes.c, all routing changes should go through
the functions of this file. Maybe a "routing preprocessing callback"
would be a nice idea, so we can write plugins that filter routes.

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)