[Olsr-dev] olsrd 0.5.5 released

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Sat Feb 9 21:02:59 CET 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 7:45 PM, Bernd Petrovitsch <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>Perhaps the people who did the "GPL to BSD" license change should
>comment.

I never understood the linking-to-GLP-code issue the way that Holger(and others)
seem to do.
Dynamic linking trough a user-edited configuration file cannot really be
controlled in any way. So as long as we do not:
I Link to the plugin statically
II Load the plugin by default(default config)
I really would never have figured this to be a problem. Yes, a GPL plugin
is distributed with the olsrd source, but so what? We do not use it/link
to it per-se. The user can change the olsrd configuration in a way that
causes the library to be loaded, but that is really the users problem...
(AFAIK the quagga plugin is not loaded by default)

Am I wrong about this? Can a BSD application NOT include a GPL licensed
shared library in the source distribution??

- Andreas