[Olsr-dev] Removing default route after program termination

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 10 15:55:00 CEST 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 03:31:40PM +0200, John Hay wrote:
| On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 02:48:27PM +0200, Mitar wrote:
| > Hi!
| >
| > On 10/10/07, Bernd Petrovitsch <(spam-protected)> wrote:
| > > Short: I had (on a stock Linux kernel) no problems with > 1 default
| > > route.
| >
| > I can second that. I also have good (working) cases of Linux based
| > nodes with VPN and Internet uplink working nicely together with OLSR.
| > But on Linux you can declare multiple default gateways (with different
| > metrics). On Mac OS X this is something nonexistent (if I understood
| > things correctly).
|
| It is nonexistent on FreeBSD also. I think the thinking is that an app
| (like a routing daemon) is much better at deciding when to use what,
| than the kernel can.

hmm not really .. that thinking implies that there is only one source
(routin daemon) supplying routing information.

like bernd has described many of us olsrd
developers use a openvpn tunnel to some olsr cloud to get a link-state
feed in order to test olsrd. here i already have two sources
for the default route ... one (static) to my ISP and another one
pointing over the openvpn (tap) interface.

/hannes