[Olsr-dev] Package availability was Re: [Olsr-announce] olsrd-0.5.1 released

Kim Hawtin (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 11 00:53:00 CEST 2007

Hi Holger,

Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 July 2007 02:57, Kim Hawtin wrote:
>> It builds cleanly on Ubuntu/Feisty, I'm happy to package it and upload it.
>> If you could shoot me the howto &/| build files I'll package it for Debian
>> too.
>
> The debian and ubuntu packaging is very similar, it uses the same build system
> and tools, just the packages differ a bit. But for olsrd I almost expect the
> same package to work.

I was hoping this wouldn't be to much of a problem. Some of the Gnewsense guys
have been bugging me to get them something recent packaged up for them too =)

> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ and
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ are good starting
> points if you want to learn how to package.
>
> That said, "apt-get source olsrd ; cd olsrd-0.4.10 ; less debian/*" on a
> debian unstable system/chroot is another good starter. Another good one
> is "./debian/rules binary".
>
> I have added some patches to the 0.4 package which mostly can be removed (as
> they are part of 0.5.1 now), also I made some other minor changes (mostly in
> respect to FHS and shipping the plugins READMEs iirc), which I want to
> check/remove and report upstream if still needed (=here :)
>
> If you have a package ready, please gimme a link :)

I currently don't know how to make packages.

So I'll read the above docs, blunder my way through making some =)
and let you know how I get on =D

cheers,

Kim
--
Operating Systems, Services and Operations
(spam-protected)