[olsr-dev] nameservice plugin patch (was Re: The fat merge)

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 6 15:02:18 CET 2007

Am Sonntag, 4. Februar 2007 22:31 schrieb Bernd Petrovitsch:
> On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 14:13 +0100, Jens Nachtigall wrote:
> > > Can someone send two sentences
> > > what the plug-in is supposed to do?
> >
> > There should be more than 2 sentences in the plugin's README ;-)
>
> Thank you, there are.
> But I should have been more precise: "... two sentences about the
> changes."

Hhm, okay, I see ;-)

just from memory:
The first author (Bruno, now travelling the world) of the nameservice plugin
had 2 basic types, that the plugin announced:
- I am a DNS server (use me for lookup)
- My host name ist this xxx

There was also already another type defined, but not implemented:
- I do offer this kind of service to the network (string with a certain
format, which can be parsed e.g. by a script)

This latter type is now implemented by the patch (there should also be 1 or 2
bug fixes for the old code in there as well).

> > The updated README is probably also part of the diff.
>
> No update to the README AFAICS.
> However, I just merged it somewhat by hand and the generated files seem
> fine on my host.

If there are still some lines of code that puzzle you, let me know. Maybe I
can help.

regards,
jens