[olsr-dev] Patch to make Makefile respect DESTDIR

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 8 08:22:27 CET 2006

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 23:43 +0200, Hanno Böck wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Attached patch does basically two things:
>> - Change the INSTALL_PREFIX-var on all makefiles to DESTDIR (that's more
>> standard, basically most Makefiles out there use DESTDIR)
>> - Let the linux-gtk-frontend also respect the DESTDIR-var on make install.
>>
>> Would be nice if you could apply this.
>
> Since this probably affects mostly packagers: Opinions?

I don't think it will be a problem for the RPM package, just a small change.

> Personally I don't care that much (as long as it doesn't change with the
> phase of the moon).
>
> Another packager thing: Does it inyour opinion make sense to put
> the .spec, /etc/init.d and similar files into the official CVS?

I have always sendt both .rpm and src.rpm to Andreas when a new release arrived.
The src.rpm file also contains the .spec file.
The olsrd init file (installed as /etc/init.d/olsrd) is embedded inside the .spec file for
RPM at least.

I see no problem adding the RPM spec file in CVS, actually I think it would be smart to do
it like this. Everyone with access to CVS would have access to the package files and the
package files would be under version control also.

Someone need to decide on a package directory in the source tree where we can put these
package files.
Example: olsrd-current/packages/rpm, olsrd-current/packages/deb and so on?

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik