[olsr-dev] freebsd multiple interfaces

David Cornejo (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 4 09:02:33 CET 2005

I have a very rough attempt at making olsrd work with multiple
interfaces in FreeBSD.  Right now I'm using libnet to make up outgoing
packets, and have hacked the receive side to make it work.  It's
really ugly, but it seems to be working so far..

I've run into a structural problem - net_output() (in src/net.c) and
olsr_input() (in src/parser.c) require a lot of changing, and I'm
thinking they might better off in the OS specific directories.

So, couple of questions:
1) is anyone radically opposed to the usage of libnet?  I've seen some
things coming in FreeBSD 6 that would allow less modifications (maybe
even none), but that doesn't help those of us stuck at FreeBSD 4 or 5.
 Libnet would be portable across all these.

2) if I submitted a patch that moved net_output() and olsr_input()
into OS dependent directories, is that going to be a problem?

dave c
Firetide Inc.